Thursday, May 27, 2010

J stands for inspiration

Today started off kinda of slow, I woke up early because I had some phone calls I was expecting and some emails to send out. (I like saying stuff like that because it makes me feel important, haha.) Once all of that was out of the way, I realized I still had stuff to do, but felt kinda depressed. Why? I was asking myself if this non-profit internship was worth it, what will I do after college, about relationships, etc. You know, the usual college age questions. The more I thought, the sadder I got... until I got to dance (although I had been dancing all day anyway).

JRaww, some high school kids who are crazy at dancing and are the definition of raw talent, let me come into their rehearsal so I could get down with them. Here's a few of their team members. Honestly I think a lot of them have more skills than I do. Thanks for pushing me to open my mind further and explore dance deeper. Check them out on facebook. Big ups to the Institute of Divine Arts for providing a space for young dancers to develop and shape their craft.
It's crazy, but this studio is in the middle of this old school mall that no one really goes to anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment